Books on My Nightstand

  • Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
  • Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

15 June 2010

Oh city life how I love you

So I am traveling with B this week. We went home with my brother-in-law (who is more like my brother) to stay in DC. I find that I have to get away every couple months or else I get a little crazy. By 'get away' I mean go to the city. I'm not really partial to a city. Any city will do, but one with a metro, free museums and a free place to stay is always a bonus :) It's Tuesday and I have already enjoyed a lunch out with one of my DC friends and shopping. This morning after B's first nap we headed to Target to return a purchase and checked out cameras at Best Buy. We did all that and still made it back in time to eat lunch and get B down for an afternoon nap. At home that would have involved a 45 minute car ride, no nap, a cranky baby and an exhausted me. Instead, I caught an episode of Brothers & Sisters, enjoyed some coffee, AND made it out to shop! Fabulous. If the weather cooperates B and I are going to metro down to the National Gallery of Art to check out From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection. I was totally born to live like this. I guess it just shows what you'll do for love. I know S would move for me but I also know it would kill his spirit. Instead, we compromise; We travel as much and as far as we can afford :)

No comments:

Post a Comment